The estimated reading time for this post is 1 minutes
I’d like to give a shoutout to Brandi, program specialist for counseling and graduation, for being so helpful today! Today, I was scheduled to meet with the counselors at Santa Ana High School to discuss Open Campus, and all of the details of the hybrid learning course offerings for students. Before I went to SAHS, I went down the hall to Brandi’s office to ask her some questions, and she really was so supportive and eager to help. During our conversation, we decided to go down the hall, where she drew a diagram to help Bryan and I understand the processes and procedures that we would need to be able to explain at the meeting. On top of that, at the end of our discussion, she offered to come with us to the counseling meeting that was in an hour!
Brandi ended up taking timeout of her day and coming with me to the meeting, and I am so grateful she was there. She was so helpful in answering detailed questions, and we really did accomplish more that we were working as a team. I feel that attending the daily Scrum meetings for a half an hour a day has really helped us to get to know each other, and set the stage for all of us to be aware of what we are all working on. It reminds us that we are all in this together, that our jobs overlap in many areas, and that there are so many opportunities to support one another.
Latest posts by Jessica Salcedo (see all)
- Show Your Work- 7 Gems from a Project Based Learning Training - January 20, 2017
- How Important is Trust in a Team? - January 18, 2017
- What’s in a Grade? - November 2, 2016
- State of the Department #3 and 4 “How might we create a culture to do the best work of our lives?” -Suzanne Pellican - October 25, 2016
- Building A Team — State of the Department #2 - October 24, 2016