The estimated reading time for this post is 1 minutes
Without frustration, there would be little value in celebration. What I thought would be a simple setup turned out to be quite complex, and extremely frustrating. Because we have vowed to improve the quality of the Team 21C Live show each week, I was determined to do my part in making that happen.
Why won’t Wirecast recognize this JVC video camera?
Thoughts of frustration:
- Apparently the camera is too sophisticated, which is stupid.
- Why on earth is Wirecast not recognizing this freaking camera?
- Why don’t things just work?
- I’m glad I wasted an hour of my day on something that didn’t work.
- I’ve tried every possible setting! This is ridiculous!
- I give up.
Thoughts that started to lead me in the right direction:
- What piece am I missing?
- How many different wrong attempts can I try?
- There has to be a setting on the camera I’m not aware of.
- Are there any online visuals of a successful camera setup with Wirecast?
- How can I refine my online search for answers?
- Why not look where I should have looked in the first place, the Wirecast forums?
This is what I found after 9:00 p.m., which I believe is THE SOLUTION!
Thank you Wirecast forums for this pic:
Thank you Amazon for having this:
Without frustration, I would have not found the solution.
I FOUND THE MISSING PIECE! (I think)